International Institute is seeking mature-self starters who are well-organized, detail-oriented, able to work in fast-paced social services environment. Qualifications for each position vary. Positions include medical, dental and pension benefits. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Position Title (as follows)
3401 Arsenal St.
St. Louis, MO 63118
EOE/AA. (Please no telephone inquiries.)
Resumes may also be emailed email@example.com or
faxed to (314) 773-6047.
Business and Asset Specialist – Loan Originator (2 positions)
Responsible for helping refugee and immigrant entrepreneurs acquire financing and asset development products and receive business development services from the IISTL. Works with staff to provide clients with technical assistance to prepare and/or finalize business plans, financial forecasting and loan packaging. Purpose: Increases loan and asset building portfolio by developing contacts, attracting lending and asset building customers, and completing loan processing and closing.
- Attracts new loan and asset building applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the ethnic community in St. Louis, making outreach calls to and visiting prospective customers
- Accomplishes objectives by providing and/or coordinating customer orientation, training, coaching, and counseling customers
- Collects appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by management
- Manages pipeline for all originated loans through closing and completes required management reports
- Counsels loan customers on loan repayments policies and restrictions
- Follows up with customers who are in arrears, requesting timely payments and offering support to avoid future late payments
Qualifications: BA/BS Degree required. Background in finance, business administration or social work preferred. Proficiency in the following languages preferred; Arabic, Nepali, Bhutanese, Somali. Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information. Solid time management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences. Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives. Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS CENTER
Career Advancement for International Professionals (CAIP) Part-time instructor
The International Institute of St. Louis seeks an instructor to launch its new program to assist international professionals with the advancement of their career in the US. Career Classes in the CAIP program equip students with the skills they need to take control of their job search and get to the next level in their career. Evening hours, classes are 6 - 8: 30 pm. Less than 10 hours per week. Over four weeks, our courses cover a variety of topics:
- Resume Building
- Job Interviews and Professional Communication
- Job Search Tactics and Practical Social Media
- Recertification and Credentialing
- Networking with Industry Professionals
- Plan and conduct classroom component of CAIP training
- In collaboration with IISTL staff, assess educational needs of learners and develop curriculum
- Evaluate and track learners’ progress utilizing appropriate measures
- Requisition supplies and equipment as needed for instruction; in collaboration with ESOL instructor, select and organize teaching materials including videos, slides, charts, nursing supplies and equipment to demonstrate methods of patient care
- Maintain program records
- Keep abreast of new developments in teaching methods and techniques as well as advances in career development including resume styles, recertification processes, and more
- Build organizational knowledge on the field of career advancement for international professionals
- BA/BS minimum
- Knowledge of adult learning practices
- Teaching, training or other instructional experience
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work with multi-cultural and limited English proficient learners
- Excellent organizational skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Leadership abilities including time management, problem solving, decision making, priority setting and work organization
- Curriculum design/development experience
- TESOL Certification
Part-Time Interpreters and Translators
We hold contracts with freelance interpreters and translators of over fifty languages. Currently International Institute Language Services (IILS) is in need of part-time interpreters and translators of the following languages: Thai, Mai Mai, Bosnian, Ukrainian, Amharic, Spanish, Laotian, Vietnamese, Burmese, Russian, Hindi and Dari.
(If you are a highly fluent bi-lingual speaker and you are interested in professional-level interpretation and translation, click here to submit your application online and we will contact you directly.)
Case Manager: Home Study and Post Release Services Case Manager
The International Institute is seeking an individual to provide Home Study (HS) and Post Release Services (PRS) for Unaccompanied Alien Children (UAC) throughout the Midwest region.
Minimum Qualifications: MSW required; a minimum of two years’ experience in case management, preferably working with, serving, and advocating on behalf of immigrant and refugee children. Must speak Spanish fluently.
Other pertinent information: full time position; must have a valid driver’s license, insurance, a clean driving record, and personal transportation. Position requires frequent local and long distance travel.