International Institute is seeking mature-self starters who are well-organized, detail-oriented, able to work in fast-paced social services environment. Qualifications for each position vary. Positions include medical, dental and pension benefits. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Position Title (as follows)
3654 S. Grand Blvd.
St. Louis, MO 63118
EOE/AA. (Please no telephone inquiries.)
Resumes may also be emailed email@example.com or
faxed to (314) 773-6047.
Business and Asset Specialist – Loan Originator (2 positions)
Responsible for helping refugee and immigrant entrepreneurs acquire financing and asset development products and receive business development services from the IISTL. Works with staff to provide clients with technical assistance to prepare and/or finalize business plans, financial forecasting and loan packaging. Purpose: Increases loan and asset building portfolio by developing contacts, attracting lending and asset building customers, and completing loan processing and closing.
- Attracts new loan and asset building applications by developing relationships within the community, specifically with the ethnic community in St. Louis, making outreach calls to and visiting prospective customers
- Accomplishes objectives by providing and/or coordinating customer orientation, training, coaching, and counseling customers
- Collects appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver loan package in the time frames set by management
- Manages pipeline for all originated loans through closing and completes required management reports
- Counsels loan customers on loan repayments policies and restrictions
- Follows up with customers who are in arrears, requesting timely payments and offering support to avoid future late payments
Qualifications: BA/BS Degree required. Background in finance, business administration or social work preferred. Proficiency in the following languages preferred; Arabic, Nepali, Bhutanese, Somali. Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, database management and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes including accessing rate, credit and loan status information. Solid time management skills and the ability to organize prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences. Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives. Professional and effective interpersonal skills.
Part-Time Interpreters and Translators
We hold contracts with freelance interpreters and translators of over fifty languages. Currently International Institute Language Services (IILS) is in need of part-time interpreters and translators of the following languages: Thai, Mai Mai, Bosnian, Ukrainian, Amharic, Spanish, Laotian, Vietnamese, Burmese, Russian, Hindi and Dari.
(If you are a highly fluent bi-lingual speaker and you are interested in professional-level interpretation and translation, click here to submit your application online and we will contact you directly.)