Young Friends Network
- Create awareness within the St. Louis community of the International Institute’s mission and programs.
- Partner with local organizations, businesses, and civic leaders to broaden the Young Friends network.
- Connect with and support International Institute clients, staff and volunteers.
- Increase development efforts through fundraising and increasing the work and membership of Young Friends.
The Young Friends promotes St. Louis’ growing cultural diversity through social networking, educational, and community service activities. Members provide volunteer and financial support to programs that help refugees and immigrants adjust to St. Louis. Members hail from a variety of backgrounds, including former Peace Corps volunteers, marketing executives, teachers, graduate students and many others.
Flagship annual events at which the Young Friends assist are Trivia Night (spring) and the Holiday Bazaar (December). A variety of mixers and educational events are also offered throughout the year.
Join the Young Friends for $60 annually and start connecting and volunteering today.
As a Young Friend you will:
- Serve as an Institute Ambassador
- Attend events
- 10 free mulligans at our Annual Trivia Night
- Free t-shirt at the Festival of Nations plus 4 soft drink vouchers
- Discount ticket prices at select special events
- Social and professional networking opportunities
- Volunteer activities
- Recognition in publications
- Opportunities to learn more about St. Louis’ diverse community
IISTL Young Friends Executive Committee
Some Friends provide support by serving on IISTL Young Friends Executive Committee. The Executive Committee is the leadership of the Young Friends. They are individuals with diverse backgrounds and skills and are between the ages of 21 and 40. The committee members work together creatively and passionately to further the work of the International Institute. The Chair of the Executive Committee also serves as an ex officio member of the International Institute’s Board of Directors.
Through professional and social networks, committee members provide leadership and fundraising support, while raising awareness of the IISTL’s programs and services.
For More Information: