Engineering Career Guide
Engineering is a scientific field and job that involves taking our scientific understanding of the natural world and using it to invent, design, and build things to solve problems and achieve practical goals. This can include the development of roads, bridges, cars, planes, machines, tools, processes, and computers. The things engineers build are called technology. Without technology, the modern world simply wouldn’t exist. We’re surrounded by the work of engineers practically every moment of our lives.
Common Engineering Skills
|Critical Thinking||Complex Problem Solving||Coordination and Planning|
|Analysis and Evaluation||Attention to Detail||Mathematics|
|Project Management||Technology||Analytical Aptitude|
|Communication||Active Learning||Active Listening|
Common Engineering Tasks
- Assist in planning, coordinating and executing engineering projects.
- Work with management to develop project budget.
- Provide support in developing energy conservation and management programs.
- Work in compliance with standard operating procedures and company policies.
- Conduct routine maintenances of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Support in conducting energy audit and implement audit recommendations.
- Address customer complaints in timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that work area is maintained clean, safe and organized.
- Execute daily work load assigned by Project Manager on a timely fashion.
- Analyze potential problem and suggest corrective actions.
- Manage repair and maintenance requests promptly.
- Provide assistance to other Engineers when needed.
- Develop preventive maintenance programs and support in energy conservation improvements.
- Ensure that engineering equipment and tools are properly cleaned, stored and maintained in good conditions.
- Handle engineering equipment safely and effectively to avoid accidents.