The International Institute has job openings in St. Louis, MO; Springfield, MO; and Kansas City, MO.
International Institute is seeking mature-self starters who are well-organized, detail-oriented, able to work in fast-paced social services environment. Qualifications for each position vary. Candidates of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Full-time positions include medical, dental and pension benefits.
IISTL mandates that all employees and volunteers have proof of current COVID vaccination with allowances for disability and religious exemptions.
EOE/AA. (Please no telephone inquiries.)
Why you should work at the International Institute?
We believe the cornerstone of the International Institute, employees are our most valuable resource and investment. We plan to invest in our employees by developing and implementing an employee retention plan to better support them. (2022-2024 International Institute’s Strategic Plan)
Be a Part of Our Team
We aspire to make St. Louis an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, and prosperous region for all — a region that provides equitable opportunities for everyone to achieve their greatest potential and contribute to the development of this vibrant community. This vision for St. Louis is made possible by individuals, civil society, businesses, and government working together to create pathways for inclusive growth.
The work we do at the International Institute is important and life changing – no doubt, but we are only able to do this work because of the amazing support of our partners. Your support goes a long way to touch and transform lives.
At IISTL, we will serve to the best of our ability. We will advocate for a more welcoming region. We will connect this community to resources that inspire growth. We will diversify our income sources and invest in a sustainable financial model that ensures continued support for immigrants, their families, and the community at large. We will build the capacity to lead our community forward by leveraging the talent and experiences of the immigrant population for our common growth. As we adapt to our ever-changing world, we will uphold the values on which our organization was founded: diversity, democracy, prosperity, and inclusion. We will transform St. Louis into a more inclusive and prosperous community for all.
We are the International Institute of St. Louis.
Commitment to My Team
As your teammate and with our shared goal of providing excellent service to our clients, I commit to the following:
- I will treat each team member with dignity, respect and compassion.
- I will value and respect differences in background, experience, culture, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity.
- I will view all teammates as equally important members of the Institute team.
- I will be committed to finding solutions.
- I will practice the “3 C’s” (caring, committing and collaborating) with each other.
- I will promote interdepartmental cooperation.
- I will recognize and encourage positive behaviors
- I will provide constructive feedback.
- I will take ownership of the task that they are responsible for.
- I will remember to exercise a commitment to physical, mental, and social wellness.
- I will respect the boundaries each individual has set for their work/life balance.