At IISTL, we believe in equity and opportunity for all. For those looking to make a difference, we offer a variety of ways to contribute to a more inclusive society.
How do I become a volunteer? Simply complete the interest form below, so that we can pair you with a great opportunity that fits your skills and interests.
Looking to volunteer for events, sorting donated items, or other episodic opportunities? Click here to access our online sign-up page for episodic opportunities.
Step 1: Complete the online interest form to tell us about yourself
Step 2: Participate in a phone and/or in-person interview to discuss your interests and opportunities available
Step 3: Attend the required IISTL orientation and training
Are there requirements to become a volunteer? In order to volunteer at the International Institute, we ask that you:
- Be at least 18 years of age, some exceptions apply
- Pass a criminal background check
- Committ to at least 3 months
Is your organization interested in participating in a group project associated with the International Institute?
Community-based as well as on-site options for volunteerism abound. Here are a few examples of recent activities:
- Field Trip Sponsor: Provide admission tickets, transportation, and chaperones for an organization-sponsored visit to a local attraction.
- Community Engagement Potluck Co-Host: prepare food and provide volunteers for our monthly on-site client lunches.
- In-Kind Drive Sponsor: Organize a drive for specialty items needed by new refugee arrivals, for example, toiletries, winter coats, kitchen pots and pans, and blankets.
- Administrative & Clean-Up Support: Semi-annual days for interior and exterior clean up at the International Institute’s headquarter campus.