Thank you • 謝謝 • Hvala • Gracias • Ahsante • Merci • Cảm ơn • धन्यवाद • Murakoze
We cannot begin to thank you enough, the St. Louis community, for the support you have offered to the International Institute St. Louis.
- 435 individuals have been served through IISTL’s refugee resettlement program, with the average age of arrivals being 15-21 years old
- 2,446 gift cards have been received totaling $106,530 dollars available for new arrival purchasing needs
- 2,858 of you have donated financially to IISTL
- 144 have dedicated yourselves to sustaining IISTL by becoming a monthly donor
- $2,820,736 has been received through individual donors, grant funding, and business support
As we approach the end of the year, there are more ways for you to help and stay involved.
- Unrestricted Monetary Donations are utilized by IISTL and applied to where the needs are the greatest. Make your year-end gift today.
- Grocery Gift Cards are still very-much needed. The average family size of new arrivals is 5-6 individuals. Basic food staples are needed! Local grocery stores and global markets (like Jay’s International & Global Foods) help our new neighbors prepare meals for their families and connect to home.
- Purchase items from Walmart & Target Wishlist.
- In-kind donation needs include: Microwave ovens, portable electric heaters*, tea kettles, stock pots (small, medium & large), laundry detergent, irons, shaving razors, diapers size 2, 4 & 5, comforters (twin & full size) blankets (queen size), and tall kitchen trash cans, *Contact IISTL for heater specifications.
- Volunteer! Volunteer needs are ever changing and evolving. Please be patient as we often do not know when arrivals will be coming and what our needs will be. You can find weekly needs here and sign-up to serve today.
- Stay up to date. Receive IISTL emails. Sign up today.
Our promise to you.
We aspire to make St. Louis an inclusive, diverse, welcoming, and prosperous region for all — a region that provides equitable opportunities for everyone to achieve their greatest potential and contribute to the development of this vibrant community. This vision for St. Louis is made possible by individuals, civil society, businesses, and government working together to create pathways for inclusive growth.
How do we build a more inclusive community? It starts with small, simple acts by individuals. Join local activities. Become an activist yourself. Share information. Use your platforms to do what is good, to do what is right. What are YOU doing to create an inclusive and diverse community? Together, we will build a movement stronger than any opposition. The change may not happen today but what we do can affect what happens tomorrow.
The work we do at the International Institute is important and life changing – no doubt, but we are only able to do this work because of the amazing support of our partners. Your support goes a long way to touch and transform lives.
At IISTL, we will serve to the best of our ability. We will advocate for a more welcoming region. We will connect this community to resources that inspire growth. We will diversify our income sources and invest in a sustainable financial model that ensures continued support for immigrants, their families, and the community at large. We will build the capacity to lead our community forward by leveraging the talent and experiences of the immigrant population for our common growth. As we adapt to our ever-changing world, we will uphold the values on which our organization was founded: diversity, democracy, prosperity, and inclusion. We will transform St. Louis into a more inclusive and prosperous community for all.
We are the International Institute of St. Louis.